An interview is an employer's opportunity to determine if you're a great fit for her or his organization. And it's your opportunity to show you have the confidence and enthusiasm to do a great job for this organization and in this position out of others who may be qualified.
Talking about yourself, promoting your strengths, and conveying your interest to an organization may be unfamiliar at first, but with preparation and practice, you can develop the skills and confidence to handle any interview question or format.
- Mock Interviews - Our advisors are happy to meet with you for interview practice, whether or not you have an interview scheduled. To set up a one-hour time, please call 413-585-2582 or stop by our office.
- Interviews (PDF) - Lazarus Center guide covering how to prepare for an interview, strategies for practicing, sample questions, interview attire, salary negotiation, and a sample thank-you note.
- Guide to Finance Interviews (PDF) - Strategies and interview questions compiled by Lazarus Center advisors based on employer and student feedback.
- Why Should I Hire You? - Short video on interviewing including how to answer the questions "Tell me about yourself," and "What’s your greatest weakness?"
- Lazarus Center Workshops on interviewing are offered throughout the semester, and we hold a Mock Interview Day during J-term.
- Suit Yourself - Students may borrow black, all-season suit separates for interviews and career-related events. Come in during drop-in hours with your OneCard.