Information for Students
SENIORS from Bates, Colby, Holy Cross, Connecticut College, Mount Holyoke, Providence, Smith, Trinity and Union are invited to participate in the LARC Interview Program to be held on Friday, November 2 at the Courtyard by Marriott Boston Tremont Hotel. The Interview Program will be in the Washington Ballroom on the fifth floor of the Tremont Hotel.Go to the fifth floor and check in at least 30 minutes before each interview at the Student Registration Table and sign in on the sheet with your college’s name on it. Fill out and wear a name tag. You will be instructed on where to wait for your interviews. Business attire (suits) is expected.
YOU MUST APPLY IN ADVANCE FOR INTERVIEWS.
SEE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
(Interviews for seniors for full-time employment after graduation)
You must apply online by October 10
- To apply for interviews, go to http://larc.experience.com/er/security/login.jsp
- Click on Create an Account on the right.
- Enter in the login token word that your career office has provided for you.
- Under Register for an Account, fill in all of the data fields and click Register.
- Under Please complete your profile, the system will ask you to fill out a few profile fields – only worry about the required fields – they have a red asterisk. Then click Next. It is very important to have your email and phone numbers correct. This is how we can reach you for interviews.
- Next section is Your Experience.com Preferences. Decide if you want emails and newsletters about other Experience.com programs and services. Then fill in the required fields in the Personalization section. If you choose not to answer any of these questions, there is an “I’d rather not say” option. Click Next.
- This brings you to a Welcome page. If you are ready to upload your resume and other materials, click Go beside Upload a Resume. If you are not ready to upload, click on the Home link at the top of the page. From now on, you will come directly to this page when you log in using the username and password you created.
- There is a special search link set up for students: LARC 2012. When you click on this link and then “search” it will show you all the LARC employers with application deadlines of Wednesday, October 10. You do not need to use the Newest Jobs link.
- If you click on the name of the employer, it will give you the overview of the employer. If you click on the job title link, it will link to the job(s) that the employer is hiring for. In the job title section, you will find the complete contact information to address your cover letter. At the bottom of the page you will see the application materials needed to apply to the position. Look carefully, as many employers also require transcripts or writing samples. When ready, this is where you apply for the position.
- Go to Documents in the black box across the top and click on Upload a Document.
- Select the type of document you wish to upload, and click on Next.
- Click on Browse, find your document, click Open, and then click on Upload.
- When your status says ready, your document is uploaded.
- Follow these instructions to upload your resume, cover letter, transcript, and writing sample (if requested by the employers). You can have more than one resume and cover letter in the system at the same time. Transcripts should be uploaded under Other.
- IMPORTANT: By uploading, you HAVE NOT applied to any jobs yet!
Once all of your materials have been uploaded, you are now ready to apply to the position(s) that interest you.
- Go to the LARC 2012 link on your home page. One at a time, click on all of the job titles that interest you and scroll to the bottom of each listing. You will see the How to Apply box (or you may see Application Restricted if you have not yet uploaded your resume and cover letter). In this area will be a list of the application requirements and other requested materials. Once you have all of the required materials uploaded into the system, click Apply.
- Pick the correct resume, cover letter and other materials needed by highlighting the name of each material. Finally, click Submit. NOW you have applied to the employer. Do the same for every position you are applying to.
- If you have any questions, please contact your career office.
Students and Alumni from Bates, Clark University, Colby, Holy Cross, Connecticut College, Mount Holyoke, Providence, Salve Regina University, Smith, Stonehill, Trinity and Union are invited to attend the LARC Career Fair to be held on Friday, November 2nd at the Courtyard by Marriott Boston Tremont Hotel.
The Career Fair will be in the Empire Ballroom to the right of the check-in desk/lobby as you enter the Tremont (street level).
There will be a list of organizations attending the Fair, and attendance at the Fair is free of charge. Go to the Student/Alumni Registration Table and sign in on the sheet with your college’s name on it. Fill out and wear a name tag.
Representatives will be at tables throughout the ballroom to discuss their organizations and job opportunities, collect resumes, provide literature and answer your questions.
Over 50 organizations will be attending the Career Fair. To view organizations that have registered thus far click here.
Business to Business Casual, depending on your career interests. e.g., if you only plan to meet with recruiters from financial institutions, you probably want to wear a suit. If you are applying for social service jobs, business casual should be sufficient.
Employers Register Here!
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Tremont Hotel
275 Tremont Street Boston, MA 02116
Maps & Directions