HOW TO POST TO A MOODLE FORUM
- On the Moodle page for your course, click on the name of the forum to which you'd like to post. Forums are marked with an icon of a person in a green shirt with a blue speech bubble beside their head, as shown below.
- When the forum page opens, click the Add a new discussion topic button to add a new topic.
- Under Your new discussion topic, fill in the Subject and Message boxes.
- If you'd like to attach a file, locate the Attachment field below the Message box and click the Browse button on the right, as shown above. Navigate to the file on your computer that you'd like to attach.
- After you select the file, the file path will appear in the Attachment field. Click the Post to forum button at the bottom of the page.
Please note: Only one document can be attached per post. If you need to attach multiple documents, attach one document to your first post, then attach the other documents to replies to the original post. For instructions on replying to a post, see below.
- After you post to the forum, you will be returned to the main Forum page, where you will see your post listed.
- To view any post, click on the name of the post in the Discussion column, as shown below.
- To reply to a post, click on the Reply link in the bottom right of the post, as shown below.
Note that the attached file is listed on the right with an icon showing what type of file it is. If the attachment is an image file, it will be displayed at the bottom of the post.