CHANGING THE LOGIN ADDRESS ON A PERSONAL GOOGLE APPS ACCOUNT
If you have a personal Google Apps account that uses your email@example.com address as the login, you will need to change the email address for that account to avoid a conflict with your Smith Mail account.
- Go to http://www.google.com/accounts and log in to your personal Google Apps account.
- Click on the gear icon and choose Settings, then click on the Accounts & Import tab. Under Change account settings, click on Other Google Account settings.
- Under Personal Settings, Email addresses, click Edit.
- Enter a different email address where you can receive mail, then enter your password, and click Save email address.
(If you don’t have a different email address, you can use firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Check your other email account. When you receive a verification message from Google, click the link to confirm your change.
- In addition, if you have a personal @gmail.com account and have added your @smith.edu address to that account as an alternate address, please remove the alternate address to avoid a conflict.