or reactivating a lost or stolen card
a temporary card
Replacing a broken or damaged card
Getting a new or replacement OneCard ID
OneCard information for new Smith employees
Suspending or Reactivating a Lost
or Stolen Card
If your OneCard is lost or stolen, you are
responsible for obtaining a Temporary Card (see Obtaining
a Temporary Card, below) or suspending
your OneCard immediately.
Click here to suspend or reactivate your card on-line. You
will need to login with your Novell account username and password.
The OneCard Office can also suspend
cards during business hours. If the OneCard
Office is closed, Public Safety (x2490) can suspend
Once your card is suspended it can no longer be used to access your accounts
such as Campus Cash. If you find your ID card after it has been suspended,
you can reactivate it via the web at any time, or in person at the OneCard Office during drop-in
hours or by appointment. If you reactivate your card at the OneCard Office, be sure to
bring a valid picture ID with you.
If you need a new ID card, you must go to the OneCard Office during
drop-in hours or by appointment (See Contacting
the Smith College OneCard Office) with a valid alternative picture
ID to receive a replacement card. Your existing accounts and balances will
carry over to the new ID card. There is a $20 charge for replacement cards.
Back to top >
Obtaining a Temporary
If your OneCard is lost
or stolen, you may obtain
a Temporary Card, good for
one week only, to replace
Temporary Cards can be obtained from
the OneCard Office
during drop-in hours or by
the Smith College OneCard
While you have a Temporary
Card, your OneCard will not
Cards act as replacements
for your OneCard.
They allow access
to accounts and dining
privileges, but do not permit
use of the library system.
Because Temporary Cards allow
access to any balance on
the card, you must present
proof of identification when
requesting one. There is
no charge for Temporary Cards,
but a replacement fee of
$10 will be charged if the
user fails to return the
card to the OneCard office.
to top >
Replacing a Broken or
Broken or damaged cards can be replaced for a charge of $10 on production of the
card or card fragments. Replacement cards are issued at the OneCard
office during drop-in hours or by appointment (see Contacting
the Smith College OneCard Office).
to top >
Getting a New or Replacement Card
Information coming soon.
to top >
OneCard Information for Smith College Employees
Smith employees who are .5 FTE or greater * qualify for a Smith OneCard ID. The OneCard is used for access into certain buildings, such as the gym; it also serves as your library card.
Faculty and staff who activate Automatic Payroll Deduction can also use their OneCards to charge purchases at the Campus Center Café, Smith Conference Center, and Central Services. Charges will automatically be deducted from your paycheck. For questions on Automatic Payroll Deduction, contact the Payroll Office. Forms are available at: www.smith.edu/controller/Forms.php
If you are eligible, you can get your Smith OneCard by coming to the OneCard Office in Stoddard Hall 24 during the drop-in hours of Tuesday – Friday, 1:30 – 3:30 pm. If you need to come outside those hours, please call ahead to extension 3082.
Other points to remember when getting your OneCard:
- You will need a picture ID.
- Check the Smith on-line directory to see if your name and data are listed. Your employment information must be downloaded from Banner before your OneCard can be issued, which may take 2 - 3 business days after HR receives your paperwork. If you are listed on the directory, your data will have also downloaded to the OneCard system.
- OneCards are not issued prior to your employment start date.
*Certain employment categories, such as Teaching Follows or Course Support employees, may qualify even if they are less than .5 FTE.
Spouse/Partner and Dependant OneCards
Spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependents* of employees who qualify for a OneCard, can receive their own OneCard ID for gym and library use.
- To qualify, the spouse/partner or dependent must be registered with Human Resources.
- Dependents are eligible between 12 – 18 years old, or until their 23rd birthday if they have a valid college ID.
- Dependents must be at least 16 years old to receive gym access on their own OneCards. Prior to that, they need to be accompanied by a parent and swiped in as a guest on the parent’s OneCard.
- The cost of the initial spouse/partner or dependent OneCard is $15. Replacement cards are $20. The person getting the OneCard will need an ID.
- Drop-in hours for the OneCard Office are Tuesday – Friday, 1:30 – 3:30 pm.
- Because spouse/partner and dependent data does not download automatically, it is useful to call ahead to the OneCard Office at x3082.
For more information on the Smith College OneCard, call the OneCard office at x3082.
to top >