The CMP video conferencing room provides real time interactive exchange of HD video, voice and data with other facilities around the world. From Alaska to Paris from Sarajevo to Canada from Dakar to Ireland Telepresence brings people together from around the world for face to face conversations to share ideas to teach and to learn.
The video conferencing room, upgraded in 2012, is state of the art with three display screens and an easy to use Extron touch screen controller.
--2 HD cameras
--2 60 inch LCD monitors
--4 Wireless michrophones
--2 Laptop Connection
--Flexible layout with movable tables.
-- 50" Monitor (can be hooked up to a projector)
Recent uses include:
- WFI - Women and Financial Independence 10th anniversary Keynote address was presented in Weinstein Auditorium using the new portable C20 system. Burton Malkiel gave his talk to Smith from Princeton University.
- HST 208 - Met several times with a class at the University of Cairo to discuss cultural and the political issues.
- FRN250 - Meets regularly with a class in Paris to discuss current events and cultural issues.
- MED students and Clarke School - hold several classes with remote students video conferencing.
- SSW - The candidates and committee members are often located in different parts of the country. They use video conferencing to meet together for the dissertation defense.
- SSW faculty -participate in conferences at distant Universities and teach correction officers in the Michigan and Delaware.
- Many departments - Interview candidates without the expense and time of travel.
- American Studies Program -met several times with colleagues at the University of Sarajevo through the US State Dept.
- Five Colleges - "BAMAKO": GLOBALIZATION ON TRIAL IN AFRICA video conference with Dakar, Senegal, http://www.smith.edu/news/2007-08/BamakoConference.php
- Amherst College - Trustee gave a presentation to a MED national conference from the Smith College video conference room.
Visit the conferencing room in the Alumane Gym, Center for Media Production, room C/07. Contact: Jeff Heath x2955 email@example.com to schedule or to learn more.
Online video conferencing resources: