Produce Your Own Show in our Studio
The CMP hosts a professional studio for video and audio recording. With 3 HD cameras, studio lighting, microphones, audio mixer, a green and a blue screen, digital recorder and a video switcher the studio is equipped for creating compelling live videoand audio recordings.
The studio is used by a variety of classes, clubs and departments such as:
- THT242: Acting and Directing Actors for the Camera Examines film and television production and its physical characteristics, and develop an acting approach suited for work in film and television. Students record work on camera, examine, critique and discuss the results of their work immediately or at a later date.
- EAS 214: Korean Film and Culture. Students work in groups to write and perform a film critique. Students take various roles in the production: director, on camera talent, and floor manager to create a show using green screen.
- GER 200 German class write and produce newscasts using green screen.
- FLS video production classes explore studio technology and created green screen scenes.
- Smith Video Club
- Smith TV intern interviewed clubs and orgs. Broadcast on internet channel and Smith College cable TV 88.
- College Relations scholars in the studio. http://www.smith.edu/scholars-in-studio
- Smith College Campus Television
Smith TV-88 is the college cable television station serving all campus dorms and many buildings and classrooms. Broadcasting 24 hours a day, 7 days a week an assortment of programming including campus lectures and special events, specialized programming, and student-produced work such as documentaries, music shows, cooking shows, news shows, and others.
If you would like to produce programming for Smith TV-88, join the student organization Smith
The studio is located in the Alumnae Gym room C/08 at the Center for Media Production. Dimensions: 24' x 28' with 15' ceilings.
To schedule time or learn more about the studio, contact: Jeff Heath x2955 or email@example.com.