Learning the Equipment
How To Use The Equipment in Most Classrooms
1. Push the ON button on the Extron unit (black box at top of rack) to turn on the ceiling-mounted data projector.
2. If you want to view a DVD, push the DVD button on the Extron unit, turn on the DVD deck, and insert/play DVD.
3. If you want to view a VHS tape, push the VCR button on the Extron unit, turn on the VCR deck, and insert/play VHS.
4. If you want to use a LAPTOP, connect the laptop to the Extron using the cables hanging on the wall and push the LAPTOP button on the Extron unit. Turn on the laptop.
NOTE: Make sure that your laptop’s screen resolution is set at 1024x768. You may also have to toggle on your computer’s video port
---for Windows machines by hitting the Fn-F8 keys on your keyboard (you may have to do this more than once, waiting a few seconds in between) or
---for Macintosh machines by going to the Apple icon and System Preferences. Choose Display.
1. If you want to watch TV, connect the coaxial cable to the cable jack in the wall, push the VCR button on the Extron unit, turn on the VCR deck, and push the VCR channel buttons to select the channel you want to watch.
2. When finished, please remember to push the OFF button on the Extron unit and turn off the VCR/DVD decks.
For specific equipment in individual classrooms, contact Classroom Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.