ELECTRONIC COMMERCE PROCEDURES
If your Smith department, office, or group wishes to:
You MUST follow the
process described in this document. Following this process ensures that the
privacy and security of users' financial data is protected, and the security
of the Smith network is maintained.
All of the following steps (except #6) can be done before ITS connects the form to CyberSource. The more testing that can be done beforehand, the faster the implementation process will go.
1. Contact the Controller's Office at x2200 for Smith's policy on accepting credit card payments, and permission to do so.
2. Design all web pages and any required code or calculation scripts, including:
3. Add all required Cybersource fields, keeping field names exactly as written:
To view the required PHP code that must be used to generate the credit
card data fields correctly, click
4. If needed, obtain a Groupwise email alias from ITS, so you can have all forms submitted to this alias and keep them separate from your regular emails. Contact the User Support Center at x4487 with your request.
5. Test to confirm that your form works as intended, input fields send the correct data, email receipts work as expected, and confirmation/thank-you pages function properly.
6. After ITS connects
the form to CyberSource, test the form with test credit card information,
and then test it "live" with a real
connection and a real credit
Copyright © 2014 Smith College | Last updated February 26, 2014