For Employees in Need
The Emerson-Lewis Fund was established in 1921 by the Smith Class of 1901 in memory of two classmates. Income from the Fund, which is administered by a committee, is used to assist employees of the college community in times of emergency when a gift of money would come in useful. While the funds at its disposal are limited, the committee hopes that they will not only provide financial assistance, but will also convey the support of a caring community.
Written applications to the Fund may be made either by an individual or by the individual's supervisor. Applications should be addressed either to Justina Gregory, Chair, Emerson-Lewis Committee, Neilson Library 3/13 or to Elena Palladino, Board of Trustees Office, College Hall 207. They should explain the circumstances of the emergency, request a specific sum, and be accompanied by proof of expenditures.