Students can waive coverage by completing the waiver section of the Online Waiver/Enrollment Form.
International students can not waive coverage unless they are currently insured by a plan of comparable coverage underwritten by a U.S.-based carrier.
Before waiving you should review your current policy to be sure that it provides comparable coverage by considering the following:
- Will your current plan cover medical care beyond emergency services (i.e. doctor's office visits; diagnostic testing, labs and x-rays; and prescription drugs) in the Five College area?
- Does your plan have a high deductible that must first be met before your plan will pay for services received?
- Does your health plan have doctors and hospitals in the Five College area?
- Will your current plan cover inpatient and outpatient mental health and counseling services in the Five College area?
- If you are able to receive care, will you have to pay upfront and then seek reimbursement?
After reviewing these considerations, if you wish to waive coverage,
- Log onto www.gallagherkoster.com/Smith
- Your username will be your Smith College e-mail address. Your password will be your Smith college ID number. If your ID number is less than nine digits, add zeros to the left (e.g., 123456 becomes 000123456).
- Select "I Want to Waive/Enroll" button. When waiving the insurance, have your current health insurance ID card ready as you will need this information in order to complete the waiver form.
- Immediately upon submitting your online form you will receive a confirmation number. Please save this number and print a copy of your confirmation for your records.