To enter a graduate degree program, a student must have a bachelor's degree or its equivalent, an undergraduate record of high caliber and acceptance by the department concerned.
Domestic applicants who wish to be considered for financial aid must submit all required application materials before January 15 of the proposed year of entry into the program and submit all financial aid forms before February 15. Exception to this deadline: all applications to the dance program must be received by December 1.
All international applications for a master's degree or for the Diploma in American Studies Program must be received on or before January 15 of the proposed year of entry into the program.
Without Financial Aid
The deadline for admission without financial aid to most graduate programs is April 1 of the proposed year of entry for the first semester and November 1 for the second semester.
Applicants must submit the following:
- the formal application
- application fee ($60)
- an official transcript of the undergraduate record
- letters of recommendation from instructors at the undergraduate institution
- GRE - required for applicants to the MS in biological sciences
- applicants from non–English-speaking countries must submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- a paper written in an advanced undergraduate course; MFA playwriting candidates must also submit one or more full-length scripts or the equivalent
- application for financial aid (for non–U.S. citizens; if applicable)
The forms below are required by the respective programs. Please complete the forms that pertain to your program and return with your application for admission.
Dance Supplement (DOC)