WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN A British isles FELLOWSHIP
To apply for the Churchill, Gates, Marshall, Mitchell, Rhodes, and a UK or Ireland Fulbright, students must first secure sponsorship through Smith College's Fellowship Program to obtain institutional endorsement to apply before embarking on the application process.
Only by first inquiring with the Fellowships Program will they know beforehand if the college would endorse their application.
1) GPA of 4.0 or at least straight A's.
2) Primary research.
3) Publication, preferably research.
4) Conference or public presentation of your research or publication/s.
5) Leadership position/s.
6) Community contributions beyond membership or participation.
7) Health. Demonstrated care and exercise of your body and mind.
8) Applied altruism.
9) Superior articulation in language communication, written and oral.
10) Respectful, considerate engagement.
There is a world of difference between being officially eligible for high-odds fellowships (Rhodes 1.8% chance) as opposed to having a realistic chance of winning one because the official entry qualifications are nowhere near as accomplished as what the winners demonstrate.
THE TRUMAN SEES ITSELF AS A FEEDER FELLOWSHIP FOR THE RHODES
Thus for the Truman, attributes approaching those required for the Rhodes are required, albeit at a lower level since applicants are still only juniors.
Nevertheless, to win a Truman, applicants must be the caliber of student on track to win a Rhodes.