Introduction to the Program
Two Steps to Getting Started
- First scan other relevant Fellowships Overview links in order to gain an overall feeling for fellowships and how, when and where you might fit in.
- Then delve into Fellowship Outlines and Eligibility Requirements found under each right hand link here in order better to understand those fellowships that interest you.
- Once you have a short-list, explore deeper by visiting selected Foundation Websites found under each right hand link here.
- To gain a further sense of your chances, and some encouragement, see Successes & News.
- For knowing how your time and effort will be rewarded, go to Benefits from Applying.
- You now have a pretty good idea which fellowships might be for you. To take this to the next level, go to Smith Registration for Fellowships where you will complete one form for each fellowship you have earmarked. This or these you will submit via email with a resume and transcript (can be faxed by alumnae) that allows assessment of your suitability for the fellowships you have chosen.
- Upon acceptance into the Fellowships Program, you will be assigned to a Fellowships Mentor, a professor, and you will be given access via the Program Participants link to support materials for guidance with your application.
- If the Fellowships Offered Through Smith are not suited to you or your needs, or to search for further opportunities, you may wish to explore Alternate Scholarship Resources.