Facilities management is responsible for most of the work involved in maintaining, repairing and altering Smith's residential, academic and administrative buildings.
Upcoming Paving Projects
Facilities Management is looking to expedite some much needed road repairs in designated areas on campus. There are paving projects planned for the summer of 2015 but due to the recent harsh winter conditions we experienced, we need to accelerate some of the project work prior to this year's Commencement and Reunion weekends. We apologize for the short notice and realize that it is an imposition but we are looking to ensure that the roadways are safe for passage during the busiest part of the Spring season for everyone.
The repair work is in the following areas:
- Along upper College Lane, sections from the McConnell Courtyard to the Lyman Plant House.
- The intersection of College Lane and Green Street, located adjacent to Tyler House, Tyler Annex and the Conference Center.
- Along lower College Lane, sections along the ITT and Ainsworth Gym.
Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 (7:00am to 3:00pm)
- Beginning at 7:00am, there will be a construction crew to rip up the asphalt at the intersection of College Lane and Green Street.
- Traffic will need to blocked off along College Lane - at the vicinity of the steps at Sage Hall...... This will allow local traffic to the Athletic Center complex ONLY from West Street.
- Traffic will be diverted at the construction site to Green Street - the lower College Lane will not be accessible.
- Campus Police detail will be on site to directing traffic.
- Work to be completed by 3:00pm.
Friday, May 1st, 2015 (6:00am to 6:00pm)
- Beginning at 6:00am, there will be a paving crew to provide asphalt repair work (Combination of new base coat & overlays) to the areas mentioned above.
- The first area to be addressed are the sections along College Lane from the McConnell Courtyard to the Lyman Plant House. Traffic will be blocked off at the intersection of College Lane & Elm Street while repairs are to be made along upper College Lane. Once complete, the road will be opened up for local traffic only to the intersection of College Lane and Green Street. Campus Police detail will be on site to directing traffic.
- The second area to be addressed is the section along at the intersection of College Lane and Green Street (Located adjacent to the Tyler House) and the section from the ITT and Ainsworth Gym. Traffic will blocked off at the intersection of College Lane & West Street diverting traffic to make repairs along the lower section of College Lane. Campus Police detail will be on site to directing traffic.
- Both sections of College Lane will be open for pedestrian traffic at approximately 6:00pm.
Saturday, May 2nd, 2015 (7:00am to 1:00pm)
- Beginning at 7:00am, there will be a paving crew to provide asphalt repair work to sections along lower College Lane (Located adjacent to the ITT and Ainsworth Gym).
- College Lane will be open for all traffic but there will be a one lane restriction at the construction site.
- Work is expected to be completed by 1:00pm.
paradise road project cameras
Visit this link to see what is happening at the Paradise Road project. https://www.workzonecam.com/
Facilities Management Vehicle Fleet Update
Facilities Management no longer has 14-passenger buses; therefore, we cannot accommodate bus reservations in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If your department requires a bus rental, please use the link below to the purchasing website for possible bus companies you may consider using.
Eye On Energy at Smith College
New software shows energy and water use in Smith buildings
Smith College recently unveiled an interactive technology that enables students, faculty and alumnae to view, from any computer, the level of energy and water use in campus houses and buildings. More information.