Creating Strategic Leaders
The Smith College Leadership Consortium curriculum offers an effective blend of a customized, needs-based design within an underlying theme of broad "strategic business thinking".
What is the Consortium curriculum and how is it determined?
Because member companies are equal partners, each has input on curriculum design as well the program’s underlying “strategic thinking” theme. This collaborative effort makes the Smith Consortium very much like a custom program experience without the associated high costs and with the benefits of cross-industry fertilization. Consortium sessions also consistently touch on key global business topics.
Typical Curriculum Elements
Strategy is Innovation
- Understand how to anticipate and respond to change and execute breakthrough strategies
Powers of Persuasion
- Leverage communication for maximum effect and impact
- Strategies for the collection and evaluation of information to improve the decision-making process
Strategic Horizons: A Business Simulation
- Participate in a business simulation that builds on topics covered in the course
Women Mentors: Career Management Strategies Panel
- Network with a group of dynamic, high-level peers
Strategies for Optimal Living
- Learn holistic strategies to improve health and well-being
Negotiation for Leaders
Develop a framework to drive effective collaborations
- Explore themes of emotional intelligence and strategies to lead high-performing, cross-cultural teams
Peer Coaching for Excellence
- Maximize individual and team leadership competencies through peer coaching
- Integrate knowledge with personal insights and wisdom for greater clarity and purpose
Bonus: Additional program benefits include a daily wellness program that shows you how to increase your energy, well-being, and stress-resilience as well as post-program access to networking and learning opportunities.
What are the key objectives that participants achieve as a result of the Smith Consortium approach?
We encourage member partners to evaluate their investment in the Consortium program in terms of ROV (Return on Value). ROV evaluates human behavior outcomes in terms of dramatically improved leadership traits that ultimately result in greater financial gain for the organization.
In addition, specially tailored sessions and activities help participants maximize the critical intuitive-skills that all great leaders possess:
- Presenting ideas more powerfully
- Managing change
- Developing a healthy and integrated lifestyle
- Participating effectively in mentoring networks
- Leading with emotional and social intelligence