Requests for Nominations
Do you know a Smith faculty member whose teaching has had a significant impact on students? Smith students, faculty and alumnae are invited to nominate outstanding teachers for the Sherrerd Prize for Distinguished Teaching.
Please submit your nomination using one of the following methods:
- The online nomination form (Smith students, faculty and alumnae only)
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send campus mail to: Hayley Spizz, College Hall 206
If you send a nomination email or letter, please be sure to include:
- Your name
- Whether you are a Smith student, faculty member, or alumna
- The name of the teacher you are nominating
- A statement explaining why the nominee is deserving of the award. Try to be specific about teaching techniques or course design that you consider to be effective. You may also comment on how the teacher affects students' overall growth and education.