Resources for Participants
Science Poster Resources
Preparing a science poster for Collaborations? Use the documents and links below to make it as effective as possible.
- Science Poster Checklist (PDF)
For students who are presenting during the science poster session. Covers the steps involved in creating your poster, having it printed and presenting it.
- Online poster presentation tutorial (Web link)
Resources to help you select and obtain or prepare text, photos, graphs, maps and any other content to be included on your poster.
- Examples of Science Posters (PDF)
Four examples of effective science posters.
- Science Poster Liaisons (Web link)
Find out who will print your poster using this list of department liaisons for science posters.
- Science Poster Request Form (PDF)
Submit this form no later than Wednesday, April 10 to be sure your poster is printed on time for Collaborations.
Whether you are using PowerPoint, participating in a panel, or giving a reading, these resources can help you create a top-notch presentation!
- Bad Presentation Bingo (Web link)
24 Things to Avoid When Making a Presentation or Speaking in Public (good advice and fun too!)
- General Presentation Guidelines (PDF)
Guidance on creating and giving strong presentations. Lists sources for images and other content, presentation software, on-campus resources to support you as you prepare your presentation and tips for presenting confidently.
- Preparing and Delivering a Good Presentation (from the Career Development Office) (PDF)
Guidance on what should be included in a Presentation and how to deliver it effectively.
- Examples of Past Collaborations Presentations (Web link)
The proceedings from Collaborations 2012. Includes links to numerous presentations in many subjects.