Students interested in studying abroad should contact the
Office for International Study by phone at (413) 585-4905 or via the Study Abroad Web site as early as possible since some programs have language requirements.
For semesters away from Smith but within the United States (e.g. with Williams-Mystic) contact the Junior Class Dean's office for information about requirements
In addition to more general study-abroad options, students may choose to study away from Smith with one of the following approved "environmental" programs, all of which have a positive track record with Smith alumnae:
- Arava Institute for Environmental Studies
- Duke University School for the Environment
- Organization for Tropical Studies in Partnership with Duke University
- School for Field Studies
- School for International Training
- Williams-Mystic: The Maritime Studies Program of Williams College and Mystic Seaport
- SEA Semester (Sea Education Association)
- Ben Gurion University of the Negev (Sustainable Development and Environmental Justice track)
January Interterm Programs
Several programs offer courses during the interterm session, but these can only be taken for credit with consultation with an ES&P adviser.
- Living Routes through the University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Students interested in the above list or any other programs should consult with their ES&P adviser.