All forums are from noon to 1 p.m., in Ford Hall 240. Lunch is provided, feel free to bring your own beverage.
- September 26, 2013 - Dean Case from Mazada (PDF)
- October 3, 2013 - Junior Year Abroad Forum, Presented by J. Cardell
- October 31, 2013 - Presentation of the Majors, Presented by S. Voss
- November 14, 2013 - Engineers Sustainable World Student Panel
- November 21, 2013 - Conversation with an Engineering Alumn, Whitney McMackin '10
- February 6, 2014 - Shelia Narayanan, Vice President, Loyalty Solutions @ MasterCard (PDF)
- February 13, 2014- Hard Hat Celebrations
- March 3, 2014- Engineers for Sustainable World, Guest Speaker Dr. Alexander Dale (PDF)
- March 27, 2014 - Presentation of the Majors, Presented by S. Voss
- April 22 2014 Jen Maer from IDEO, see poster (PDF).
- April 23, 2014 Honor Thesis Presentation I (see PDF for times)
- April 30, 2014 Honor Thesis Presentation II (see PDF for times)
Faculty in the News
Student Reflections on Capstone Design: Experiences with Industry-Sponsored Projects. Professor Susannah Howe, a guest editor of International Journal of Engineering Education (IJEE) Vol. 30-1. (April 16, 2014)
The Crucial Role of the Hydrologist. Professor Andrew Guswa talks about the role of the hydrologist in ensuring reliable and safe water. (Mar. 10, 2014)
The Panama Canal: An Engineer's Voyage. On 10 January 2014, Professor Andrew Guswa had the opportunity to travel through the Panama Canal from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean with nin alumnae from Smith College (Jan. 10, 2014)
Professor Sarah Moore recently joined the engineering faculty after finishing her Ph.D. at Stanford University. At Stanford, she worked on a bioengineered peptide that enables imaging of medulloblastoma tumors. (Aug. 12, 2013)
Students in the News
Congratulations to Maya Kutz '15 for her award "Leadership in Environmental Sustainability", In recognition of an individual (or organization) that represents the ideals of sustainable leadership through advocacy, programming or community events. Award presented on Tuesday, April 15 at the Campus Center.
Congratulations to Society of Women Engineers for "Outstanding Community Service". In recognition of the development and implementation of a community service program, Introduce A Girl to Engineers Day. Award presented on Tuesday, April 15 at the Campus Center.
Congratulations to our Engineering Scholar Athletes. Lauren Hilton '14, Adrienne Horne '14, Xinyi Liu '14, Emily Lane '15, Lauren Weston '15, Yumeng Cao '16, Bethany Claps '16, Anna Partridge '16, Isabella Casini '17, Elsie Odhiambo '17, Jingyi Sun '17. (April 10, 2014)
Lawren Gamble '14 summer research at the University of Alabama with Dr. Amy Lang, through a NSF REU program. Surface Patterning (Video). (Feb. 17, 2014)
"Smith Engineers Team with Campus School for Teaching, Practicing Sustainability" Engineers for a Sustainable World created blueprints for their proposed designs of the Campus School raised gardens and irrigation systems. (Oct. 31, 2013)
"Catering Cuts Carbon Footprint with Cargo Cycle" Smith engineering students designed pedal-powered delivery carts for the catering department. (Sept. 13, 2013)