The Picker Engineering Program combines the study of engineering with the humanities, the arts and the sciences. Our students strive to design solutions to the many challenges facing society in the 21st century.
Faculty Opening: Click here to apply.
Conversations for Sophomore Reboot, Friday, September 5, 12:00pm - 1:00pm. An opportunity for sophomores to inquire about courses offerings and see general advice as they prepare to select their major during the upcoming year. Come and meet Dr. Glenn Ellis.
- Engineer a Perfect Sundae. Tuesday, September 16th, Ford Hall Atrium from 7:00pm - 9:00pm. Presented by Society of Women Engineers@ Smith College.
- Information Session with Martin Green. Thursday, September 25th, Ford Hall 340 from 6:30pm - 8:30pm.
All forums are located in Ford Hall room 240 and are held from 12:00pm - 1:00pm, food will be served at these events, students are invited to bring their own beverage.
- Sept. 11, 2014 - Dr. Nimmi Ramanujam talk "Developing New Technologies for Global Women's Health".
- Engineering Junior Year Abroad, October 2, 2014 presented by Prof. Judith Cardell.
- Presentation of the Major. October 23 2014, presented by Prof. Susan Voss.
Each month the Lazarus Center for Career Development publishes a Career Engineering Newsletter with opportunities for engineering students.
Engineering in the News
Live event: MarsOne 10 Candidates 5 different continents Q&A session, Sunday September 7, 2014, Featuring Yari Rodriguez '10
College Speaks up against tight drone regulations. Professor Paul Voss TV interview on Fox Business segment Countdown to the Closing Bell. (August 2014)
Engineering sophomore Anna Partridge named College Swimming Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) Honorable Mention Scholar All-American for her effort in both the classroom and at the 2014 NCAA DIV III Diving Regional. (July 17, 2014)
Dr. Tomboulian Goes to Washington. Dr. Briana Tomboulian was chosen to serve as the 2014-15 ASME Congressional Fellow. (June 2014)
Hot off the press, Professor Susannah Howe feature in IEEE Pulse article "Faculty Internships for Capstone Design Instructors". (June 16, 2014)
Campus School Sixth-Graders Test New Engineering Software, project "Through My Window" created by Professor Glenn Ellis. (June 4, 2014)