Advisers: Rodger Blum, Lester Tomé, Chris Aiken, Angie Hauser
The dance minor is comprised of core courses that provide experience in primary dance theory and technique. Additional theoretical courses should be chosen after discussion with the dance faculty adviser.
A minimum of 27 credit hours are required for the minor.
Minor Requirement Checklist (Microsoft Word document)
Dance Research Skills and Materials (Smith College Libraries)
- 151, Elementary Dance Composition
- 171, Dance in the 20th Century
- 272, Dance and Culture
- 241, Scientific Foundations of Dance
- 287, Analysis of Music from a Dancer's Perspective or 285 Laban Movement Analysis I
- 200, Dance Production
- 113-335, Dance Technique: at least three two-credit technique courses.