The Class Deans oversee the academic progress and standing of all students. And...
- Identify and clarify academic options and requirements
- Communicate accurate and timely information to students and faculty
- Augment faculty advising by providing academic guidance to students
- Advise students experiencing academic difficulties
- Monitor and give guidance to students on academic probation
- Provide fellowship advising
- Oversee departmental honors and other independent projects
- Organize the advising process and assign liberal arts advisers
- Advise students considering transfer
- Inform and advise students' parents and families when necessary
- Review petitions for exceptions to academic regulations and requirements through the Administrative Board.
- Complement and coordinate with other resources for students (faculty, registrar, student affairs, disability services, health services, religious life).
- Communicate with faculty concerning academic accommodations and end-of-semester extensions for students with health problems and other extenuating circumstances.
- Assist students involved in the deliberations of the Honor Board.