Engaging With the Community
Engaging with local and global communities to make a difference is a rewarding component of a Smith education.
The Jandon Center for Community Collaboration (JCCC) is committed to developing reciprocal partnerships with community groups and to helping Smith students engage
with communities in a variety of ways:
- Take community-based learning courses that provide intellectually rich experiences and tangible benefits to the off-campus community.
- Participate in fellowships and leadership programs.
- Volunteer for long- or short-term projects through the Community Service Office.
- Tutor math and reading as a work-study jobs; sign up for other off-campus work-study opportunities.
- Get involved during school breaks, through Praxis internships that facilitate work with community organizations during the summer.
The CESC Concentration
Look for more information about the Community Engagement and Social Change Concentration sponsored by the JCCC here.
If you are a student interested in any of these opportunities, please contact us to introduce yourself and learn more about your options for connecting with the community. You can also visit our News & Announcements page to find upcoming programs and new initiatives.