Engaging With the Community
Engaging with local and global communities to make a difference is one critical component of a Smith education. The Center for Community Collaboration (CCC) is committed to developing reciprocal partnerships with community groups and to helping Smith students engage with communities in a variety of ways:
- Students can take community-based learning courses that provide intellectually rich experiences for students and tangible benefits to the off-campus community.
- Students can participate in fellowships and leadership programs.
- Students can volunteer for long- or short-term projects through the Community Service Office.
- Students can tutor math and reading as their work-study jobs; other off-campus work-study opportunities are also available.
- To accommodate their busy academic schedules, some students choose to get involved during school breaks, through Praxis internships that allow them to work with community organizations during the summer.
New CESC Concentration
Look for more information about the new Community Engagement and Social Change Concentration sponsored by the CCC here.
If you are a student interested in any of these opportunities, please contact us to introduce yourself and learn more about your options for connecting with the community. You can also visit our News & Announcements page to find the most current information about upcoming programs and new initiatives.