The Community Service Office (CSO) provides direct logistical support for students to engage in community service work and leadership training. These community service placements:
- enhance the educational experience
- meet community-identified needs
- provide opportunities for reflection
- model the development of effective, collaborative community partnerships with local nonprofit organizations
- encourage a lifelong commitment to community engagement
These established community partnerships offer opportunities in long and short-term placements, non-profit administrative training, and leadership programs, in a collaborative model that is community driven, ethically informed, and reflectively adaptive.
"My experience as a student volunteer has strengthened my Smith career in a very special way." - Beverly '18
Visit the CSO pages for more information.