Basic-level memberships offer members excellent access to the Museum, while providing the Museum with annual support. Thank you.
Student membership dues: $20 a year
Current students and Smith College graduates of the past five years are eligible to become student members.
Student Member Benefits
- All individual membership benefits, plus,
- Student members receive additional discounts on “Members’ Extras” —special programs and trips just for members.
- Plus, student members are invited to student-member-only gatherings at SCMA’s events and programs.
SMIPies are the Museum’s Student Member Important Persons! Look for our SMIP-only gatherings and giveaways at Museum events!
- “As a student, it is important to be involved with SCMA. When first exploring Smith, it quickly became apparent how special this place is; the Museum was among the top reasons to come here. Having SCMA as a part of my community has truly enriched my life; becoming a member is a way of showing my gratitude.”—Julie Bomba ’11, student member
Other links of interest to student members:
Educator membership dues: $35
Educator member benefits
- Elementary- and secondary-school educators are eligible for this membership category. You will receive all individual membership benefits, plus,
- a discount on fees for teacher workshops at SCMA.
Individual membership dues: $50
Individual member benefits
- Benefits for one person (one membership card)
- Unlimited free admission
- 10 percent discount at the Museum Shop
- 10 percent discount at the Museum Café
- E-notification of Museum programs
- Invitations to exhibition openings and programs
- Members’ Extras: Art Insights–special programs and trips
- Members’ Extras: Please Be Seated–reserved seating at select lectures
- Annual members’ double-discount days at the Museum Shop
- College and University Art Museums Reciprocal Program membership privileges at more than thirty museums nationwide
Household membership dues: $75
A household membership covers two adults and all children under eighteen living at the same address.
Household Member Benefits
- All individual membership benefits
- Two membership cards
Leader-level memberships offer greater benefits and access to the Museum, and provide the Museum with increased support. Thank you.
Contributor membership dues: $150
Contributor Member Benefits
- All the benefits household members receive, plus
- Acknowledgement in SCheMA , the Museum’s annual report
- Two Museum guest passes for free one-time admission
- Art Museum Reciprocal Network membership privileges at more than thirty museums nationwide.
Sustainer membership dues: $500
Sustainer Member Benefits
- All the benefits contributor members receive, plus
- A complimentary set of Museum note cards
- Two additional (four total) Museum guest passes for free one-time admission
Patron membership dues: $1,000
Patron Member Benefits
- All the benefits sustainer members receive, plus
- A complimentary SCMA catalogue
SCMA Associates are art enthusiasts who connect with the Museum in meaningful ways and provide upper-level support to the Museum.
Contemporary Associates JOIN
Contemporary Associates’ annual membership dues fund purchases of contemporary art, primarily in the areas of new media, including film, video, and photography. Contemporary Associates participate in special programs offering a blend of social interaction and art education and enjoy all the benefits of SCMA patron-level membership.
Tryon Associates JOIN
Tryon Associates’ annual membership dues provide crucial Museum support by underwriting special exhibitions and activities. Participation in the Tryon Associates is by invitation only and benefits include an invitation to the annual Tryon trip and all the benefits of SCMA patron-level membership.
Friends of Smith
Smith alumnae Friends who join all four Friends groups at the “contributor” level receive a 20 percent discount on membership dues.