Tours & Visits
Guided tours are typically available during the academic year:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:30a.m. and 1p.m.
- Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:00a.m., 11:00a.m., and 1:10p.m.
Tours are led by Smith student museum educators and last approximately one hour. We suggest group leaders allow a minimum of one additional hour for independent looking and, for K-6 groups, a hands-on activity (hands-on activities may be available upon request for middle and high school groups).
Self-guided visits may be requested for any time during museum hours.
Maximum group size: 40 (including one chaperone for every 10 students in the case of K-12 school groups).
Click here to request a group visit. Visits may also be arranged by calling 413.585.2781. When you make your reservation, be prepared to provide us with the following information:
- Date and time of visit (alternative dates are helpful)
- The number in your group
- Name and contact information for your school or organization
- Name and contact information for your teacher or group leader
- Whether you want a guided tour or self-guided visit
- If requesting a guided tour, any special needs or interests of your group of which your student museum educator should be aware
- Whether or not you are requesting a bus subsidy (available to K-12 groups
K-12 group visits are free thanks to underwriting support from the Friends of the Museum and the Tryon Associates.
For all other groups, normal admission fees apply to group visits (guided or self-guided).