Student Museum Advisory Council
The Student Museum Advisory Council (SMAC) of SCMA, functions as a representative of Smith College students to the Museum. SMAC’s purpose is to give voice to the student body and to help advise the Museum in order to further its goals. The council has a very special position; it opens up communication and understanding between the Museum and the student body.
SMAC’s mission is to make the Museum more accessible and welcoming to students of all disciplines.
What does SMAC do?
- Engage in an open and honest dialogue with Museum staff
- Advises the Museum on programming, marketing, and other initiatives that will best suit the needs of Smithies
What are the meetings like?
- SMAC Meetings are held, Thursdays, 12:15–1:00 in the Museum over brown bag lunch
- Please email email@example.com the meeting schedule for the semester
- Beverages and light snacks are provided
- An informal and friendly atmosphere allows everyone to share their ideas
The blog's mission is to promote student awareness about SCMA exhibitions, programs, events, and resources as well as offer a forum for arts-related discussion at Smith.