Retroactive Internship Approval
If you already completed one or more practical experiences (internships, paid or volunteer work) before entering the Archives Concentration program, you are still eligible to receive credit for these experiences.
You will need to document your experience as follows:
- Complete the Practical Experience Approval Form (PDF) retroactively with your concentration adviser.
- Provide documentation of your experience (electronic versions or hard copies) that may include:
- Examples of work or materials you produced
- Relevant photographs
- Write a reflection paper (minimum of two pages) that addresses the following questions:
- What were your main duties and accomplishments during your internship, volunteer or work experience?
- What aspects of your experience were most valuable?
- What insights did you gain about yourself and your preferred working style?
- What did the experience confirm or illuminate about your future career goals?
These materials should be compiled and discussed with your concentration adviser in order to be counted toward your concentration.